After over a week of awesome activities, the 50th anniversary of Toonik Tyme is officially over. With multiple events going on at any given time, it was near impossible to experience everything. Luckily, many Iqalummiut were actively sharing their Toonik Tyme photos on social media using the official #TT50 hashtag - and we've been featuring our favourite photos on our Instagram account during the entire festival! Not only that, but we also shared your Toonik Tyme photos on Twitter, Facebook, and for the first time, on Asukuluk TV screens across town.
In this list, you will find the top 10 featured Toonik Tyme photos as decided by number of likes on Instagram. From igloo-building to seal-skinning to chess, these photos represent the spectrum of events and activities from this year's festivities.
10. Team of two by @pbeland (Skijoring)
9. Big crowd by @thereal_fake (Seal Skinning Demonstration)
8. Chess under a beluga by @idemeester (Chess Tournament)
7. Unconventional trophy by @cjonesphoto (Skijoring)
Meet the 2015 Toonik Tyme Skijouring Race winner, Willie Hyndman (look closely and you'll see the tail of his canine companion, Manouche). His trophy? A whole muskox head. Wonderful shot by @cjonesphoto. Keep tagging your Toonik Tyme photos with #TT50 and #NUNAGRAM - we're sharing our favourite photos during the entire festival!
6. Nation II Nation on vinyl by @tamara.fast (Big Band Night)
5. Tuckered out by @candyinuk (Dog Team Race)
4. Hoop dancer by @tamara.fast (Big Band Night)
Another amazing shot by @tamara.fast (maybe she should be #ATCR's official photographer): This is @jonesdancer from last night's sold out show, where ATCR put on one of their signature performances. Tonight, they'll be taking over the DJ booth at the Legion. Keep tagging your photos with #TT50 and #Nunagram - we'll be sharing our favourite photos all week!
3. Perspective by @sitiivan (Ice Fishing)
2. Igluit by @likeajboss (Igloo Building)
1. Falling flames by @igloo939 (Fireworks)
A huge thank you to everyone who tagged their Toonik Tyme photos with #TT50 and #nunagram! Keep your Nunavut photos coming, and keep an eye out for more #nunagram photos on AsukulukTV!
Header photo courtesy of Toonik Tyme.